Friday, October 9, 2009

New York!

Jon and I got to go to New York City last week. We had a great time. It is one of my dream vacations and it was an experience. We saw West Side Story on Broadway, ate great food in tiny places, and saw some interesting people, lots of people! It was a great vacation, but after all that noise, dirt, and people, I was really glad to get back to my mountain air and green grass, and to my babies of course!
Times Square, I couldn't believe how bright and busy it was, it was like noon at 10 pm!


I had a lot of fun at "The Met" . They had on special display; Vermeer's "A Milkmaid", so that was neat to see the real thing. It's an amazing museum!
On our way to central park we found the LDS Temple, it's funny how it just rises up in the middle of the city.

We enjoyed seeing the statue of liberty and Ellis Island. We spent over 4 hours just inside the Ellis Island museum. It was amazing to hear about the stories of the immigrants that came through there.
We went to Junior's for some real New York Cheesecake. I ordered some onion rings and they came out like donuts, they were huge. They tasted ok, but the cheesecake was great!
There wasn't much to see at Ground Zero, but a big hole, amazing how big of a hole is there.

We ventured to Chinatown one morning and had Dim Sum. Pretty sure we were the only ones speaking English there. I THINK we had seafood and shrimp dumplings, and Pork potstickers. I also explored the stores and negotiated for a couple Coach purses (I'm sure they are real, right?:)
Central park was bigger and prettier than I had imagined.
After several delays on the plane trip over, and a thoroughly invigorating taxi ride to our hotel, I was just glad to be on something that wasn't moving!

2 comments:

Carol T said...

So happy that you had a good time. What a city!
Love ya, Mom

Jake and Emily said...

Coach purse! Wow I am totally jealous. I wish I had a fake or real coach purse but I really wish I could say I bought it in New York!